If you are a member of AIANYS or a Corporate Allied Partner, you can post a job opening on our new job board. Email a description of your opening to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post the position for 60 days or until you let us know it has been filled. If you are still looking to fill the position after 60 days, please let us know and we will repost it.
Let your AIA family help you find the job you have been looking for. If you have any further questions, please contact Cara Longobardi at email@example.com or at 518-449-3334.
Happy job hunting!
Local Office Landscape Architecture and Urban Design
Architecture and Urban Design Project Manager – Brooklyn, NY
Local Office Landscape Architecture and Urban Design (LOLA) is a small firm that focuses primarily on issues facing coastal landscapes at a multiplicity of scales. Operating between infrastructure, urbanism, and ecology, Local Office seeks to ameliorate the impact of cities on the sea, while protecting cities from sea surges. The firm’s work ranges from coastal communities, to urban streetscapes, to residential gardens on dunes, expressing a flexibility in design methodology that employs sustainable and resilient technologies at the land-water interface.
LOLA has an immediate opening for an Architecture and Urban Design Project Manager.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for a Project Manager with seven or more years of professional architecture and urban design experience. The ideal candidate shares our commitment to resilient, sustainable, equitable urban infrastructure design.
- Manage internal project teams of 3-5 designers for multiple landscape and urban design projects
- Manage external teams of 5-15 subconsultants for multiple landscape and urban design projects
- Understand code and cost implications of design decisions to ensure that design proposals are viable and compliant with project goals
- Independently coordinate design with the multidiscipline project team through multiple phases of a project
- Conduct internal design/work sessions in conjunction with the Principals, coordinating with work of other disciplines
- Coordinate workload of team members through multiple phases to complete design deliverables on schedule
- Provide construction contract administration assistance as needed to maintain design intent through construction
- Direct the activities of other junior designers and mentor other staff members as needed
- Lead client and user-group meetings, maintaining and growing client relationships
- Lead the multi-disciplinary design team, including internal and external consultants and construction partners in the project delivery process and producing project deliverables
- Provide client services from project inception to occupancy, while mentoring other team members in their development
- During the construction document preparation processes, coordinate the work of other consultants as required to prepare accurate and complete contract drawings, documents, and specifications that allow the project to obtain building permits from the required administrative agencies.
- Accredited degree in architecture and/or urban design
- Minimum seven years of architecture and/or urban design experience, including the ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently
- Excellent scheduling, prioritization, and coordination skills
- Construction document and detailed design delivery experience
- Education and experience in urban design a plus
- Must be proficient in AutoCad, Rhino, Vray, Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Revit or other BIM skills a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States and currently residing in New York City
Benefits: Medical / Dental / Short-term and Long-term disability / Term Life / FSA / Wage Works transit / Company-subsidized gym and Citibike membership / Eligible for 401k after 1 year of service
Apply: Send cover letter, resume, portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
LOLA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Bonacci Architects pllc
Project Architect – East Syracuse, NY
Long-standing and reputable architectural firm is seeking an experienced architect for full- time employment. We are a mid-size firm with offices in Syracuse and Utica, NY serving a diverse clientele. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in architecture or higher, currently licensed in NYS or in process of obtaining professional license/registration, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar setting. Preference is for a creative individual with good design skills, computer proficiency (AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam Revu, Office), project management capabilities, client contact/communication skills, and strong technical (codes, products, construction) knowledge.
Applicants may apply to email@example.com by submitting the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume with references
- Sample portfolio
All applications will remain confidential. Please, no phone calls.
Balzer & Tuck Architecture
Multiple Positions – Saratoga Springs, NY
BTA is seeking a candidate with 1-5 years’ experience who is interested in working with a team of well-rounded architects and designers. We are looking for someone with ambition and the desire to learn and grow.
Qualified candidates will possess a professional degree (B. Arch. or M. Arch.); be self-directed and motivated; have strong communication skills; and possess the ability to convey concepts and ideas through hand-drawn sketches. Proficiency with Autodesk Revit and Adobe Photoshop is required and should be clearly indicated on resumes for consideration.
All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work samples for consideration.
Project Manager/Project Architect
BTA is seeking a qualified Project Manager/Project Architect with 5-10 years’ experience who can handle a wide range of assignments in terms of project scope and size, and daily responsibilities that can vary greatly. Responsibilities include keeping team efforts organized; ensuring quality in project delivery; managing budgets, schedule, and fees; employing and evolving the firm’s process and procedures; mentoring staff; and maintaining a positive work flow and energetic team atmosphere. A qualified individual will be expected to manage multiple projects of varying types, while being a champion for thoughtful design and representing our client’s vision on every project.
Qualified candidates will possess a professional degree (B. Arch. or M. Arch.) and have 5-10 years of architectural design, production, and technical experience through all phases of project design, documentation, and construction administration, with a minimum of 3 years of proven organizational and project management experience; possess superior leadership and communication skills and be highly organized; have exceptional technical knowledge of construction documents and building department expectations related to construction documents; maintain ownership and accountability for project and overall program success; and be able to multi-task, problem solve, and react to changing priorities in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Experience in any of the following areas is a major plus: High End Residential, Hospitality, Restoration, Adaptive Reuse, and Multi-Family. Proficiency with Autodesk Revit and Adobe Photoshop is required and should be clearly indicated on resumes for consideration.
All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of professional work samples for consideration.
Architectural Intern – Summer
BTA is seeking a candidate who is working towards their Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree and is interested in working with a team of well-rounded architects and designers. We are looking for someone with ambition and the desire to learn and grow.
Qualified candidates will have completed their 3rd or 4th year of an accredited architecture program; be self-directed and motivated; have strong communication skills; and possess the ability to convey concepts and ideas through hand-drawn sketches. Proficiency with Autodesk Revit and Adobe Photoshop is required and should be clearly indicated on resumes for consideration.
All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work samples for consideration.
About Balzer & Tuck Architecture
Balzer & Tuck Architecture (BTA) is a design-oriented firm providing a full array of architectural and interior design services. Established in 2002, we are a fast-paced practice looking to expand our talented team. Our office culture promotes a highly collaborative, interactive environment of energetic and ambitious professionals with a strong work ethic.
Known for our award-winning High End Residential, Restoration/Adaptive Reuse, and Multi-Family projects, we are a growing firm that provides well-rounded experience with exposure to the full spectrum of project types and tasks. We offer competitive compensation based on experience and a flexible work environment with a strong belief in work/life balance. We invest in professional growth by supporting continuing education and the path to professional licensure. Our benefits package includes health insurance, 401k, paid time off, and paid overtime.
Intermediate Architect – New York, NY
GF55 Partners (www.GF55.com) seeks a talented and motivated full time Intermediate Architects for its NYC Flatiron Office. Enjoy a stimulating and challenging team work environment with variety of significant projects. The position requires strong design, analytical and communication skills to interact with colleagues, clients and consultants. GF55 offers an environment where professional growth and development is encouraged.
GF55 seeks excellence by a collaborative search for the best solution in the creation of architecture
- Revit, Cad, Sketchup, Photoshop, In Design and MS Office Suite
- Strong Analytical skills, and good follow through
- Ability to collaborate and work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or higher
- Authorized to work in the US
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
Compensation commensurate with qualifications. GF55 pays a competitive salary with benefits.
Application to be addressed to Info@gf55.com and to include:
- Cover Letter
- Work Samples
Interior Designer II – New York, NY
The Interior Designer II will report to the Principal in charge for the individual market sector. The Designer will be responsible for Corporate Interior small or large scale space planning projects from the programming/pre-schematic phase through Construction Documents. The candidate must demonstrate their ability to react to a number of design styles and their methods of delivery. This position requires the candidates develop and lead design charrettes and presentations with the Perkins Eastman team and clients.
- Prepare blocking studies and space plans.
- Design presentation documents and FF&E specifications
- Client interface and participate in client presentations by ensuring documents are consistent with the firm’s commitment to design and quality.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or equivalent
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of relevant Workplace Corporate Interior project experience
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Possess working knowledge of furniture lines and FF&E specifications.
- Proficiency with Revit is required.
- Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Max, Sketch-up, InDesign, AutoCAD and other related design software.
- NCIDQ accreditation is preferred.
- LEE Accredition is a plus.
How to Apply:
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.