If you are a member of AIANYS or a Corporate Allied Partner, you can post a job opening on our new job board. Email a description of your opening to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post the position for 60 days or until you let us know it has been filled. If you are still looking to fill the position after 60 days, please let us know and we will repost it.
Let your AIA family help you find the job you have been looking for. If you have any further questions, please contact Cara Longobardi at email@example.com or at 518-449-3334.
Happy job hunting!
Architect/Construction Administrator – Albany, NY
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/Construction Administrator based on-site in Albany, NY. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will perform in a Construction Administration role and will be responsible for administering construction contracts on behalf of CannonDesign, with particular focus on quality control and cost control from project startup to closeout. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the prime liaison between construction managers/general contractors, client/owner and AE teams.
- Attend site meetings include scheduling, cost management, pre-installation and bi-weekly meetings.
- Review and interpret construction documents and develop and issue sketches related to field conditions and issues, coordinate the work with consultants and the project team.
- Process, review and answer Request for Information and submittals.
- Resolve problems which arise on the jobsite, coordinate bulletins to the contract documents, make recommendations, and consult client/owner on all issues related to the project.
- Monitor, review and process closeout submittals and perform periodic QA/QC construction site visits, including substantial presence at the construction site.
- Review payment applications and cost proposals.
- Prepare daily and other reports.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelors and/or Masters of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration preferred. A minimum of 10+ years of related experience required. Must be familiar with the commissioning process. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Must have strong client communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills. Knowledge of Procore and Revit preferred. To apply, upload your resume through the careers section of our website at http://careers.cannondesign.com.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Ferguson & Shamamian Architects
Digital Rendering Specialist – New York, NY
Ferguson & Shamamian Architects is seeking an Architect or Designer interested in architecture visualization for a full time position as a digital renderer. Responsibilities include generating finished digital renderings suitable for client presentation and display in a variety of settings with the ability to work under pressure, shifting priorities and multiple deadlines. Must possess 3-5 years of relevant working experience in 3D illustrations and renderings and interested in career growth in a small team environment.
- Degree or Diploma in Architecture or Design;
- Strong organizational ability;
- Strong ability to focus on details;
- Understanding of project design approach and workflow;
- Capability to read and understand architectural drawings;
- Advanced skill set in AutoCAD, Sketchup and 3D Studio Max;
- Advanced skill set in using V-ray for interior and exterior renderings;
- Highly skilled in Adobe Photoshop, specifically in rendering lighting, texture, form, and performing post production work and creating compositions.
The hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with minimal overtime. Positive attitude, teamwork and professional appearance are essential. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan and bonuses. Visit our website www.fergusonshamamian.com.
Please send cover letter, resume and work samples to Employment@fergusonshamamian.com and input Digital Renderer 091018-003 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Gallin Beeler Design Studio
Junior Level Architect – Pleasantville, NY
Award-winning firm dedicated to excellence and design is seeking a Junior Level Architect. Collaborative environment is ideal for highly talented people seeking to be part of a positive & invigorating work environment. This position offers the opportunity to assist with projects throughout entire design process, from conception through development. Our expanding practice offers competitive salary based on experience plus benefits with growth opportunities.
Minimum qualifications include an accredited degree in architecture, up to 5 years work experience, proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit, and excellent communication skills.
Gallin Beeler Design Studio is a small & innovative architectural firm serving a diverse commercial, retail and residential client base. The office is located in Pleasantville, New York, thirty miles north of midtown Manhattan.
Job Captain – New York, NY
Archetype LLC is a full service architectural firm located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Founded in 2001 by Alan Berman, Archetype is now a dynamic 16-person firm specializing in high-end residential design.
- Responsible for creation, execution, and management of design vision of all plans, elevations, and details on small projects.
- Ability to successfully work on a team to carry out design vision and execution of all design plans, elevations, and details on larger projects.
- Preparation and execution of design and construction documents for obtaining all required state and local permits.
- Management of budgets and schedules.
- Management of multiple aspects of client and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants.
- Applying design and construction solving skills in coordination with contractors, designers and consultants.
- Provide construction administration services and document site reviews.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Architecture degree.
- At least (3) years of professional experience in a U.S. architecture firm.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and management skills.
- Experience resolving technical and design issues.
- General understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done.
- General knowledge of building codes, standards and building structure.
- Ability to work on multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and independent problem-solver.
- Proficiency in AutoCad, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite. Revit (optional).
Lacey Thaler Reilly Wilson Architecture & Preservation, LLP
Project Manager – Albany, NY
Lacey Thaler Reilly Wilson Architecture & Preservation, LLP is a growing small-sized architectural firm specializing in the renovation, restoration, and adaptive reuse of existing and historic buildings. We are passionate about bringing new life to our architectural heritage and our historic communities.
Based in Albany, New York, LTRW provides a friendly and fun work environment that is dedicated to ensuring all employees have a healthy work-life balance. Our team of professionals share similar interest in historic preservation and adaptive reuse. Our informal work environment fosters team-work, creativity, ambition and professional development. We strive to create a better workplace that is dynamic and rewarding. Join our team of talented professionals as we grow and take on new and exciting projects.
Applicants for this position must show successful project management experience, demonstrating a high level of technical and professional skill, standards and sound judgement on a variety of preservation, renovation and adaptive reuse projects. Applicants are required to demonstrate skills and experience including but not limited to the following:
- Planning, scheduling and management of projects through all phases of development;
- Establishing and managing project budgets, and both in-house and consultant project team efforts to ensure efficient use of resources, including successful individual and project team time management
- Capacity to oversee and guide technical aspects of the Schematic, Design Development, Bid Document and Construction Phase deliverables.
- Ability to work with firm partners to develop and maintain client relationships.
The project manager will pass knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
Education: At a minimum, Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited institution
Experience: A minimum of 10 years practicing architecture with mid-to-large projects involving production and coordination of multiple Architectural, Engineering and LEED scope requirements on existing and historic buildings
Software: Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD; MS Word, Excel and Project; Adobe platform
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package based on skill, experience and successful execution
Send cover letter, resume and supporting portfolio information to:
Lacey Thaler Reilly Wilson Architecture & Preservation, LLP
79 North Pearl Street, Fourth Floor
Albany, NY 12207
Lacey Thaler Reilly Wilson Architecture & Preservation, LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
N.K. BHANDARI, Architecture & Engineering, P.C. (NKB)
Senior Architectural Designer – West Point, NY
N.K. BHANDARI, Architecture & Engineering, P.C. (NKB), is pleased to offer a unique and prestigious opportunity for a Senior Architectural Designer at the U.S. Military Academy (USMA) at West Point. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Architectural Designer to support the campus master planning services at this history-rich, federal institution. This position will be embedded at USMA’s nationally recognized education and training facility for a base year contract with two (2) 1-year option periods. The Senior Architectural Designer will collaborate with NKB’s on-site Senior Project Architect and interface with USMA’s Directorate of Public Works (DPW) personnel to oversee master planning activities including utility master planning, review installation design guidelines, and support landscape and monument master planning at USMA’s campus facility and grounds.
NKB is a well-established, rapidly growing, client-centric design firm with locations in Syracuse, NY and the DC Metro area. For more than 35 years, we have built our reputation on delivering the highest quality product and creative solutions for clients in the federal, state, education, healthcare, industrial and commercial sectors.
We are driven by our core values of integrity, quality, and professionalism in everything that we do.
NKB offers an exciting, vibrant and creative work environment. At NKB, you will have the ability to leverage your technical acumen and industry expertise to drive challenging and unique architectural and engineering projects all the way from concept through build. In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits packages, we provide various internal and external employee events to build strong teams and promote healthy work-life balance. We also regularly engage in various local activities to develop relationships and stay connected to the communities in which we work and live.
- Champion the Firm’s mission, values, culture and strategic goals
- Self-directed individual to provide leadership and superb client-focused service
- Develop exceptional rapport with client and serve as highly respected team-player
- Provide design support including but not limited to: design decisions, contract documentation, code compliance, construction techniques, and sequences in projects including all aspects of cross discipline coordination
- Work collaboratively with Project Architects, Designers, and Drafters while creating an environment of continuous learning and challenge
- Manage construction administration phase services and activities
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control
- Provide support for project management through all five phases of design and construction and ensure conformity to contractual agreement
- Effectively work to a project budget that results in profitability for the firm
- Ability to work in a fun, flexible, team-oriented but fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Occasional local or out-of-town project related travel may be required for project assignments
- Five to seven years of project experience with specific proficiency in:
- Master Planning
- Higher Education (academic facilities, athletic facilities, housing facilities, campus support facilities)
- Department of Defense (DoD) and DPW experience or other similar Federal government agency experience
- Design Guideline Development
- Design Reviews
- Programmatic Planning
- Facility Condition Assessments
- Feasibility Studies
- Inter-disciplinary Coordination
- Historic Preservation
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture or related degree
- Active professional license and registration
- Associate membership in AIA preferred
- Expertise in the five project phases: schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding and negotiation, construction administration
- Proficiency with CADD (AutoCAD) and BIM (Revit) design software platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Vision, and Adobe Creative Cloud software programs
- Proficiency in professional and technical writing
If you want to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime architectural opportunity and join our team, please send cover letter, resume, references and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Senior Architectural Designer USMAWP Job# 1806SADWP
Please visit our website at http://www.nkbpc.com to get an idea of who we are.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NKB does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
NKB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intermediate Architect – New York, NY
GF55 Partners (www.GF55.com) seeks a talented and motivated full time Intermediate Architect for its NYC Flatiron Office. Enjoy a stimulating and challenging work environment. Opportunity for advancement as the firm is dynamic and growing. Applicants should have a strong desire to contribute and enjoy all aspects of being an architect. The position requires strong design and communication skills to interact with colleagues, clients and consultants. GF55 offers an environment where professional growth and development is supported.
GF55 seeks excellence by a collaborative search for the best solution in the creation of architecture
- Revit, Cad, Sketchup, Photoshop, In Design and MS Office Suite
- Strong Listening skills, and good follow through
- Ability to collaborate and work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or higher
- Authorized to work in the US
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
Compensation commensurate with qualifications. GF55 pays a competitive salary with benefits.
Application to be addressed to Info@gf55.com and to include.• Cover Letter
• Work Samples
balzer + tuck | architecture, pllc
Intern Architect / Draftsperson (Saratoga Springs, NY )
balzer + tuck | architecture, established in 2002, is an award winning architectural firm located in historic Saratoga Springs, NY offering services in master planning, architectural programming and design and interior design. BT|A is an energetic, ambitious, design oriented firm. We are passionate about design and, through insightful planning, careful material selection and intelligent detailing, we strive to help our clients create sensitive and efficient structures that enhance the built environment. Our employees work in a collaborative, open studio environment that focuses on individual and team projects and fosters personal and professional development. We encourage all employees to actively contribute creative ideas to every project, big or small.
Saratoga Springs, located in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains and just three hours from New York City, Boston and Montreal, is home to horse racing, concerts, history, museums, gaming, mineral springs and more. For over 200 years, Saratoga Springs has been a popular resort destination. Lying just north of Albany, this small town of 27,000 was named among the top ten best places to live in New York State for its low cost of living and numerous cultural venues (including the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, the summer home of the New York City Ballet and the Philadelphia Orchestra), plentiful restaurants, art galleries, boutiques and easy access to all that the Adirondacks and the Green Mountains of Vermont have to offer.
Intern Architect / Draftsperson
BT|A is currently seeking a highly motivated professional with 1-5 years experience in high-end residential, multifamily, and/or commercial projects. The ideal candidate will have both a design and technical focus. They will be responsible for the assisting in the development and production of schematic and presentation drawings, design development drawings and construction documentation.
Qualified candidates must possess a professional degree (B. Arch. or M. Arch.); be self-directed and motivated; have strong communication skills; and possess the ability to convey concepts and ideas through hand-drawn sketches. Proficiency with Autodesk Revit, Google SketchUp and Adobe Photoshop is required and should be clearly indicated on resumes for consideration.
balzer + tuck | architecture offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including assistance with IDP and the ARE and office outings (opening day at the Saratoga Horse Racing track, rock-climbing, Adirondack Extreme, etc.), in a collaborative, fast paced work environment. We are a social office of young professionals that are involved in our community.
All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume for consideration via email to Brett Balzer, Principal, AIA, LEED at email@example.com.